Wii Rush
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeSearchLatest imagesDonate to Wii RushLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
The Left Panel Widget
Yes
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_lcap75%Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
No
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_lcap25%Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8
Latest topics
» plixaaa
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime7/25/2008, 1:44 pm by Guest

» plixaaa
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime7/25/2008, 1:44 pm by Guest

» plixaaa

» plixaaa

» plixaaa

» plixaaa

» plixaaa
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime7/25/2008, 1:43 pm by Guest

» plixaaa
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime7/25/2008, 1:43 pm by Guest

» plixaaa

Top posters
Air Daffy
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_lcapNintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Voting_barNintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_rcap 
Zaturn
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_lcapNintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Voting_barNintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Vote_rcap 
Scrappy
Luigi
shadowlink776
Dbomb
TortillaChip
Bliss
pugluvr10
blueovalboy7

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 12:30 pm

Here's an article I wrote not to long ago. It's terse, but there will be more detailed ones coming in the future. Also the articles I post will be located on Myspace.com/Gamesandcoffee .

As many of you may know now, the "casual" gaming market seems to be quite lucrative for game developers and the fellow consoles. With Nintendo and their games such as Wii Fit, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama, My Word Coach, and many other games that appeal to the moms, dads and grandparents out there; it wouldn't be any surprise if Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will have to watch out...as one company may see this as a chance to steal the spotlight from these companies and create something of their own.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Pinball_wii
(Pictured: Dream Pinball 3D for the Wii)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not affiliated with any of these companies, but as Sony, Nintendo and Sega seemed to be dueling without the gloves, it gave Microsoft an opportunity to develop their black box and take some of the FPS/RPG fans away from Sony and Nintendo.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Xbox

One of the many reasons you can expect this is that when there's always three consoles duking it out for the ultimate bragging rights, you always have an underdog appear and that can either make one of the systems extinct or it will just come out of sight and never be remembered. As I'm pretty sure no one really remembers the 3DO or the Phantom System.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Image002

As Nintendo has ultimately appealed the people who have never played a video game, it seems that these were ultimately the "gamers" that finally had the voice. Something simple...innovative...and can learn right off the bat without having any sort of video game experience. As Nintendo has done this with their assortment of games, Sony does so with the music simulators and the Blu Ray innovation that many people are so interested in. Microsoft is also getting into the casual gaming department with games like Scene It! and even their new music game coming soon called Lips, which is to compete with Sony's Sing Star.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? __SingStar

Now, it won't be long until another competitor was to come along and was to just soley focus on the casual gamer, it will then use the innovations of the Nintendo Wii with the motion sensing and also adapt some of the usages of Sony and Microsoft and can it possibly create something completely dedicated to the casual gamer? A system with simply casual games such as bowling, pinball, pie eating and even virtual pet simulations! And to even be half the price of the Nintendo Wii! But question is, will it share the same quality of these console gods?

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Wii%20girl

More than likely it will hold 'last' gen graphics and power, but if it was to attract main stream attention and casual gamers, it can then be a possible threat to the big three. As for the pricing of the gaming, if to do things right they will stay simple and not have their games go above the $29.99 price range, as these gamers look at Sony and Microsoft's game price of $59.99 and cringe...and well we all cringe at that price point as sometimes you never get what you truly pay for.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? 445_Burning_Money

Usually between console wars, 4 is a crowd and there's usually one that will face extinction. With Sony and Nintendo being the survivors of the last war with Sega's Dreamcast, will that mean that Microsoft will have something to worry for?

Last edited by Kamikaze on 6/20/2008, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

Number of posts : 1364
Humor : Spam...Worse then Gas Prices...
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 12:34 pm

hhmmm...
nahh nintendo along with Microsoft and Sony WILL pull through lol...

Last img aint workin homie...
Back to top Go down
TortillaChip
King Mod
King Mod
TortillaChip

Number of posts : 106
Humor : Humorous
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 1:02 pm

i highly doubt it. ALL of it. there might be another console next year, but to make a "casual console" would be the stupidest move.

Quote :
Centuries ago, men attempted to fly by putting wings on their arms and flapping really hard. Logically, in their minds, it should have worked. Birds fly. Birds have wings. Therefore, having wings should mean man will fly.

The gentlemen, puffed with pride, failed every time. Had they examined the nature of flight, as opposed to the nature of birds, they would have realized the concept of lift (as Bernoulli did). One must examine the physics of the flight rather than putting feathers on one’s arms in imitation of birds. The descendants of these birdmen are with us today. In the gaming industry, they represent some of the highest gaming executives and esteemed analysts.

Nintendo is flying high. Rather than examine the nature of this flight, the birdmen are mesmerized by the feathers. The analysts and executives do not see the concepts of disruption and don’t even understand the Blue Ocean principles (though they think they do). The feathers they see on Nintendo’s ascent are casual games. Therefore, they surmise, if they make casual games then they will be flying high with Nintendo.

Source
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/deathfromabove098
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 1:10 pm

ya seriously lol...

noone's just gunna barge in the console war and take the cake lol...
Back to top Go down
TortillaChip
King Mod
King Mod
TortillaChip

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 1:13 pm

let alone by making retard games with no strategy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 3:35 pm

TortillaChip wrote:
let alone by making retard games with no strategy

I-Phone/Itouch and N-Gage 2. Sure the N-Gage was garbage but it did sway some gamers away from the main consoles.
Back to top Go down
TortillaChip
King Mod
King Mod
TortillaChip

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 4:12 pm

yes but those had other feature e.g. being a PHONE or ipod. they weren't just expensive gameboys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 5:58 pm

While the Ps3 has a Blu Ray drive, the 360 has an HD drive, the PSP can be put into a Mp3/Movie player. It's all the latest trend of the up and coming generation.
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:17 pm

yes but at the point im at i would rather have a ds then a psp
(only cause i have a Palm treo phone which is an MP3 player,phone,And you can surf the web)
its basically a mini computer...

IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:19 pm

I know, I'm just giving prime examples of fringe benefits along with systems. Also I had forgotten to mention that the PSP has Skype, which can virtually turn your PSP into a phone.
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:20 pm

No way?
Do Tell
i wanna know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:25 pm

Air Daffy wrote:
No way?
Do Tell
i wanna know!

Elaborate, your post is vague and confusing.
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:26 pm

how do you make your PSP a phone..?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:32 pm

It's not really making your PSP a phone, it's a feature Sony has offered with Skype. Skype is pretty much used as a phone via the internet, but Sony is offering packages with Skype. I'm not sure if it's out yet, but I believe the prices are for local calling 39.99 a month and for long distance calling I believe it's 69.99. Don't quote me on the prices those, I'm just going off an article that I had read a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:34 pm

omfg thats outrageous...
Verizon!
-Free to all networks,free texting,free pics messageing...

49.99 a month

Ownage..
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 394
Humor : Killing Noobs
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:55 pm

Ok I have read the article several times through and still fail to what exactly this imminent threat is? Is it a new company? A revival of an older corporation? I don't see this as being an "imminent" threat. Maybe far into the future (+/- 5-10 years). Look what happened to Atari when it tried to make a comback. It failed miserably. Sega is dead and done making systems. I just don't see a new company being able to just magically appear and get the same amount of media attention as the big 3 get. After all the media attention is what drives up the sales for these companies. A new company needs to work from the ground up to get any recognition, and as far as I know, there is nothing on the horizon coming in as a threat.
Back to top Go down
https://wiirush.forumotion.net/index.htm
Scrappy
Administrator
Administrator
Scrappy

Number of posts : 473
Humor : Spam, it should be a crime :D
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 6:56 pm

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Microsoft is in trouble, they just lost at least half of their RPGs with either a crappy sudden ending to the series, or the company supplying XBOX have dropped out do to being to small. Other companies have also stated that they don't see a future for XBOX, its been and will keep going in the same direction.

Drop out Microsoft, stop reving dead games, making cop outs, and putting yourself in a market you don't belong in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 7:06 pm

The threat itself is the casual gaming market, and what competitors will do to move away the people from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 7:08 pm

well they have so many people i dont think it matters if they lost a few to a Diffrent devolper...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 7:12 pm

That's the reason for Sega's downfall was third party development. So if Microsoft was to lose, let's say Rare (Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata, Killer Instinct, Golden Eye), they'd be down by a whole lot and have to rely on gaining exclusivity with companies like Bethesda and so forth. Same goes for Sony if they were to lose a major developer.
Back to top Go down
Air Daffy
Administrator
Administrator
Air Daffy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 7:18 pm

yes

i am a fanatic about getting RARE back...

i want Goldeneye on fricken VC sooo bad...

never gunna happen cause microsoft aint stupid...

What was nintendo thinkinnnnn...
Back to top Go down
TortillaChip
King Mod
King Mod
TortillaChip

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime6/20/2008, 10:14 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
The threat itself is the casual gaming market, and what competitors will do to move away the people from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.
the threat isn't casual gaming, the threat is called Disruption. they start out in a down market, and move upmarket. third party companies confuse this with it being casual games, and don't look at the big picture. they try to cash in on the supposed trend by creating crap party games, using their third or fourth string teams. that's why they end up in the dust while ninty flourishes, and starts to move upmarket, while the microsoft and sony have no choice but to move further upmarket until there is nowhere to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?   Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to face imminent threat?
Page 1 of 1